Whether you are a fresh graduate or approaching retirement, Professional Scientists Australia (PSA) offers an exciting range of support and resources to help you get ahead at every stage of your career.
Continuing Professional Development
Are you worried about fulfilling your Continual Professional Development (CPD) requirements? Well, don’t be, because Professional Scientists Australia (PSA) has you covered, and what’s more, it’s included in your membership at no extra cost!
Our members can access CPD via face-to-face member sessions and through the convenience of webinars. Our sessions have been designed so that they are relevant and targeted to your needs.
You can also earn CPD points by writing articles, running webinars or hosting a member development session for your fellow members. To find out more or express your interest in contributing to our Continual Professional Development Committee, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job interviews and performance reviews can be challenging, even for the more experienced among us. Membership of Professional Scientists Australia means that you can enjoy exclusive access to a range of services, resources and guidance from people who know what employers are looking for in an applicant.
to access these popular resources:
- Resume reviews and tips
- Position description preparation
- Professional career guide
- Work Ready Guide
- Guide to Performance Review
- Guide to Essential Interview Skills
We offer a range of scholarships to help you develop the skills and knowledge you need to get ahead.
- Science meets Parliament: Professionals Australia provides up to two scholarships annually for early to mid-career scientists members to attend Science meets Parliament (SmP). This two-day event brings together more than 200 of Australia’s top scientists and decision-makers in Canberra. The scholarship is selected on the basis of an essay competition and each scholarship covers recipient members’ conference fees, travel and accommodation.
- Science Upskill Scholarship: is a skills development scholarship program which demonstrates the Professional Scientists Australia’s commitment to supporting science professionals’ training needs.